Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:47:53 -0500
Pirbuterol (Maxair) is a beta 2 agonist, like albuterol.  I do not
have much information about it, but the Compendium of Pharmaceutical
Specialities (the Canadian physicians desk reference) does *not* say
that one needs to be cautious with it during lactation.  Indeed, it
says nothing at all, which means that it must be safe, seeing as
almost every drug mentioned in it is "contraindicated" during
lactation.

Budesonide (Rhinocort) is very little absorbed from the respiratory
tract, and its oral bioavailability is low.  I would not worry about
this one either, and the mother should use it to keep herself well.

The last "Tylade" is not available in Canada under that name, so I
have no idea.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC