From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:43:37 +1100
Yep, meee toooo! And when newly adopted children, especially those with a
very rotten start or profound neglect, don't have at least one full time
parent on hand it's a bad thing! Now if she were pumping to express milk to
bottle or sippy cup feed the boys once a day then I'd be happier....I'm not
adverse to food provision as a bonding tool, it often works with kids that
have been badly hurt.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

  Two adopted boys who are adjusting to life
in a new country and to a new baby after a "rough start" need far more than
a bottle to
feed to a newborn sibling.  I'm sure my husband could fill up pages about
what would be
far better alternatives to this approach.

But, the marketing will work because who doesn't want to see the lovely
picture of these
two salvaged boys have a new start and chance snuggled up closely with the
new baby
feeding it?

This firmly reinforces what I think is a bad message "that you bond through
food".