From:
winchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 20:03:55 -0400
> From: Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Infertility and Bf
> Date: Monday, July 07, 1997 9:07 PM
>
> Dear Maryann, I don't know if someone will have an official
research-based
> reference, but I can tell you from 30 years exp. in BF field that it is
my
> impression that moms with fertility problems, difficulty in conceiving
etc.
> do progress on to problems with supply.  I have no idea what the
mechanism
> is, but I always figured it was probably hormonally-based.  It could
also
> be related to her confidence in her body.  Will be interesting to see
what
> other replys you get.  Sincerely, Pat

Pat,  I would like to suggest that you be sure the infertility problem was
hers.  Remember that at least 40% of fertility problems are men's, not
women's, so be sure you know where the problem was before you assume she
might have difficulty breastfeeding.   If she had a history of irregular
periods or other hormonally-connected difficulties, that might have some
relevance, but just difficulty conceiving isn't enough to know.  Regards,
Katie Winchell, BS, IBCLC