From:
Susan Smylie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:56:01 -0500
My first son nursed continuously from birth till....well, he still does and
he is almost 3 years old!  But seriously, at a year he was still nursing
about every hour during the day and every 2 hours at night, it was definitly
his main and most important source of comfort--nothing else did the trick.  A
classic case of a high need baby.  And he has never been fat, although he is
large (almost 10 pounds at birth, about 25 pounds at a year).   He did not
eat a lot of solids at a year.   I would blame extra weight on overfeeding
solids before I would blame it on breastmilk.

Susan Smylie, LLLL