Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:37:28 EDT
I guess my question would be "is the baby doing well, gaining, stooling and
voiding appropriately"? even though mom is able to pump less milk at night
when away from baby?  If the scenario was that this was a mom *not* pumping
but that her healthy, gaining baby slept 9pm-7am without feeding in the
night, would there be concern?   Might that not be normal for this baby?  (I
realize that one could argue that sleeping 10 hours at night isn't normal but
if this baby is *doing* it, it might just be normal for *him*)  Couldn't it
be that her baby is getting older, sleeping longer, and perhaps getting more
and more efficient at getting the milk that he needs in the day, particularly
if the mom feeds ad lib when she is with her baby?

Lisa Jones, LLLL in Wellington FL - whose first baby slept 10 hrs at night at
that age but I didn't worry about how much she was eating because she nursed
plenty during the day, was healthy and thriving.  BTW, when does this mom
sleep??