From:
Jo-Anne and Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:05:14 -0300
A search through the archives brought me to some really nice posts about
babies finding the nipple because of the smell and taste of amniotic
fluid, but not what I was looking for: it must be because it is a
holiday weekend, but I have another question. A physician told a mother
that her bf problems may be due to the fact that she had too much
amniotic fluid and that might have caused digestive problems. (Baby is
colicky, but stooling frequently; I'm thinking not enough high-fat milk
in the mix or possibly diet.) I do need to tell her something, though.
The only thing I could think of was the possibility of suctioning and
oral aversion. Can we save a call through the network of volunteers, who
deserve a holiday, too?
Jo-Anne