Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:20:30 EST
In a message dated 3/26/99 8:48:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Second, the same CoL does pump rental, a mom rented a while back, never
 returned it, divorced and moved to New Jersey. Any experiences on this, or
 ideas how to track her down? >>

Did she get the SS # And/Or Driver's license #---there's a space for it on the
rental form.  Tell her to go to the Sheriff and swear out a warrant. The
Lactina pump is valued at over $500 so that's a misdemeanor here in NC and the
Classic is over $1000 so that is a felony.
I had to swear out a warrant for one pump several yrs ago-and it was a deputy
sheriff in a neighboring county!! I also called the sferiff in that county
when I swore out the warrant and the pump was returned that same day!!
I also make it a point to ask the mom where she works and jot that down on my
phone logs.  And I try to make phone contact every week or so to ask how
things are going. That way, they don't get too far removed.
When I coordinated a WIC program we flagged the WIC charts of all moms who had
pumps and sometimes we contacted DSS if the mom was a client there. We also
had the mom list someone who would always know where she would be located,
along with her Ped.
If  I am renting to a military mom, I get her commanding officer name and her
unit.

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Eastern NC