Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 06:59:13 -0600
It seems that I see high and bubble palates fairly often.  Is that
because I see the ones who are having breastfeeding problems?  How
common are they?  How often do they cause serious breastfeeding
problems?  Any good texts on this problem?  I have Glass & Wolf, but
haven't used it too much as it is heavy reading.  I enjoyed the
conference they did, but found that their knowledge of breastfeeding, at
least at that time, was quite limited. I read Joanne Burke Snyder's case
study in a recent JHL with interest.  Joanne, are you going to publish
more information from your thesis?  As a hospital consultant, I don't
see much long term follow-up and usually don't know the long-term
outcome of my observations.

TIA.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC