Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:16:30 -0600
>So, can Parsley be used to dry up the milk supply, I wonder in
>which form would be best...tablets, tea or eaten.  Anyone know if it
>is possible?

I have found it a help when a mother chooses to wean.  One mother just ate
it all day. Another found capsules.  They both felt that it helped. One did
do some pumping and the other didn't. Another mother used it as a part of a
milk-reduction plan.

I find sage to be most helpful too.  The mother sprinkles it on the corner
of a sandwich and swallows it quickly. One mother tried stirring it into
Diet Coke(!) but it wouldn't disolve.  She found that it would stir into
tomato juice effectively.

>By the way, I am now the mother of my third child in the form of
>Cameron, born 4 weeks early, only 7 days old today, with a high
>palate which is making for a tad sore nipples!!.

Congratulations!! I send you my best wishes for finding a comfortable way
to feed your little one.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]