Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:54:04 -0400
Lisa--

Have mom compress her breast tissue:  Tell mom to take the same hand as the breast she is nursing from (exp.: left breast, left hand); with her thumb on top of the breast and her other four fingers on the underside of the breast), she should squeeze her fingers together (making sure her hand is NOT BLOCKING baby's ability to latch).

Not only will this firm up the breast tissue, it will make the famous "Wiessinger Breast Sandwich", which will assist baby with getting a sizable portion of breast tissue in his mouth.

I've had pretty good success with this.  Her breasts will firm up as her mature milk begins to come in; in the meantime, it keeps baby at breast -- practice makes perfect !

--k

Kathy Koncelik, CPD
Breastfeeding Support Counselor(LLLI)
Treasurer
Co-Founder
Long Island Doula Assoc., Inc.
A 501.c.3 Not-For-Profit Charitable Corporation
		631.581.1066