From:
The Shillings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:23:49 -0600
Possibly we should look at what other HCPs do when recommending equipment
and providing services.  I just went through physical therapy and the PT
recommended different equipment and sold it to me.  She also taught me how
to use it and checked back in on the progress I was/wasn't making with it.
Are they breaking  a code and how do other folks like respiratory
therapists or others deal with the ethical issues?  I live in such a rural
area that if I didn't stock and sell basic supplies it would be a couple
days before women would get what they need from mail order.

just my .02 worth.

Teri Shilling, MS, CD, LCCE, IBCLC
mailto: [log in to unmask]