Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:22:24 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
We have created such a form.  It's great. Only problem is, just because you have a referral doesn't mean the accepting person gets paid. And if they don't get paid, they won't keep doing it.  Good luck! 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce, Deborah
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 9:31 AM
Subject: Connecting WIC Mothers with IBCLC services

Not sure if this is common or not, but our WIC clinics in our county do not have any IBCLCs employed there, although they have a just a handful of CLCs, and 2 new peer counselors. I am trying to figure out how to connect these folks with an IBCLC if/when the need arises. As part of my master's project, my thought is to create a referral form that the clinic can fax to the IBCLC in the birth hospital, doctor's office, private practice, etc. but wondering if others have seen or use such a form. I am not sure just how detailed a form like this would need to be. I know the IBCLCs would like it to be very detailed, but not sure if the WIC staff would take the time or have the ability to fill out a detailed form (such as maternal/infant health issues, pregnancy/birth issues, lactation problems--nipple soreness, breast engorgement, flat nipples, thrush, past breast surgery, current meds, chronic meds, etc.).
If you have something like this, I would love to take a look if you don't mind.
Can anyone help me?
Ginger Carney, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC, FILCA Director, Clinical Nutrition Services St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Memphis, TN
901/595-3315
901/595-3202

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2