From:
"Linda L. Shaw MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:30:24 EDT
I've been practicing general pediatrics now for over 20 years and I've always
encouraged moms of ill newborns to start pumping as soon as possible.  I think
it empowers the mom to do something for her baby.  I also will shamelessly beg
moms of ill infants who didn't intend to breastfeed to pump for their babies,
citing the marked advantages of human milk for these ill infants.
Linda L. Shaw MD FAAP
Altoona PA