From:
Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 00:11:45 +0800
I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with adults being
treated for digestive disorders?  My 48 year old sister who lives in the
States is not able to digest any food at all.  She is living on one cup of a
formula that is predigested carbohydrates- over a 15 hour period- plus lots
of filtered water.  She says that she has no digestive enzymes at all.  The
other day she ate a small amount of mashed sweet potato and the next day her
bowel movement was of undigested sweet potato.

All of this started in October after she accidentaly got a needle stick (she
is a nurse) and had to get vaccinated for hepatitus.  Both she and the
patient werer tested for HIV and were negative.

I am concerned about my sister.  She is losing weight and feeling quite
unwell, and I can't help but wonder (hope) if breastmilk might be something
that she could digest.

Please e-mail me privately if you have any information that might help.
Thanks. Nancy Sherwood  IBCLC, LLLL- Perth, Australia