Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:11:35 -0500
>Hi everyone, I have a client who is pregnant for the first time, who had
>breast surgery, a reduction, 20 years ago, in Toronto, Canada. She is so
>worried she will not be able to breastfeed. What are the chances that some
>of her breast ducts are intact and she will produce some milk?

Marie, since I posted on this topic just last week, I am sending you my
post by private mail, along with a couple from last year.

I have been reminded that in such cases, even if things get off to a good
start, one should keep in touch with mom and baby to assure that the milk
supply does, in fact, keep up with baby's needs.  I think that this can be
done without undermining the mother's confidence in her body's restoration,
and one should make every effort to handle the case to that end.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee
mailto:[log in to unmask]