Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:13:26 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Recommend HIGHLY Catherine Watson Genna's book Supporting Sucking Skills in the Breastfed Infant.  WONDERFUL info, very useful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Lichte
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:14 PM
Subject: suck issues-workshop

Hi. I am a hospital based IBCLC.  We have a level 1 nursery so I mostly work with full-term healthy babies. I do not see cleft lip/palates or other similar issues. I feel like I have a good understanding about most breastfeeding issues that pertain to full-term or late preterm babies.  Where I feel I am lacking is suck issues and oral anatomy. I read books and look at pictures, but sometimes I feel at a loss about what to do. I am looking for suggestions for a good conference/workshop that focuses on suck issues. I found a workshop by Wolf and Glass listed at ibreastfeeding.com. Would this be good to attend?  We also have a university in our town that has a good speech communications department and they offer some infant suck/swallow courses.  Should I take some classes.  I have a B.S. in biology so I really enjoy the "science behind breastfeeding" types of classes.  I would also like to learn more about baby assessments.  I have a basic understanding about torticolis and low muscle tone, ect but I would like to become more proficient in this area.  Thanks!

Christine Lichte, B.S., IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2