From:
Joanna Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2015 07:53:17 -0700
Hi Barbara -
I recently invested in Maureen Minchin's book Milk Matters, Infant Feeding and Immune Disorder and found answers to all my questions about formulas and (in 700+ pages) much, much more.  (No conflict of interest here - have no relationship with the author).  Anyway, it's worth having on your shelf.
To determine the nitty gritty of how one manufacturer's newborn formula differs from another it's best to plough thru the home sites till you find what they claim they have changed or added.  E.g. one newborn formula has more vitamin D.
Warmly,
Joanna Koch, IBCLC
Palo Alto, California