From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:35:09 -0800
 Dear Friends:  A good friend/client of mine  has just been informed by MY
dentist (who has 4 bf kids) that her over 10 years of being pregnant and/or
lactating has destroyed her teeth and gums.  She has gum recession and some
decay only along the gum line (not between teeth or in pits) requiring
filling, crowns, and grafts.  He has informed her that her "excessively
heavy breasts" are also the cause of her grinding her teeth, backstrain, and
headaches.

I have passed along LLLI's statements on Osteoporosis and bf, decay and bf,
etc. along with as many articles as I could scrape together, but I can't
find anything specific to gum recession.  This strikes me as a revival of
the old "lose one tooth for each baby."  I can attest personally to the
backstrain, but much of that is also due to lifting of children.  Any
thoughts?
--
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  [log in to unmask]   541-753-7340;
mom/wife/educator/lactation consultant/ scientist/ researcher/ organic