From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:42:42 EDT
Hi Joanne and others,
my quote and Joanne's response to it;

 We need to let Moms know that
>   they CAN have a lot of control over their exclusively brfed infant's fdng
>   schedule, IF they desire to exercise it. That is, some Moms may be happy
>   to have a baby permanently attached to their breast while others may want
>   more
>   flexibility and predictablility. It is important for us to help them play
>   their part in the dance that is brfdng. and help them to realize that at
>   times they will "lead" the dance and at times they will follow.

 Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Do we need to tell
mothers anything? What I
  find is most helpful is to listen to them, to ask them questions...

I'd like to suggest that we all be a little more careful about responding to
statements taken out of context. My original quote was made in response to a
specific question and thus was meant to apply to a specific group, not  as a
generic dictum to mothers in general.
This has happened several times with at least a few different posters over
the course of this thread and it seems silly and a waste of everyone's time
to disagree with someone who is agreeing with you!
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts