From:
Judy Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 15:47:04 +0200
Tina, I almost fell off my chair laughing at your catching
hundreds of us with thumbs inching towards our mouths.
Actually, I was never a thumbsucker that I can recall or that my
mom has said, but I distinctly remember a strong desire to suck
my thumb during my first labor - I kind of rubbed my tongue
against my palate and was startled to find myself doing it (the
things you remember about labor!!!!) Apparently it's too bad I
didn't try really sucking my thumb - I might have gotten out of
that torture chamber earlier (25 years later, and that delivery
room is still run for the convenience and comfort of the
staff...).
Judy Knopf in Beer Sheva, Israel (definitely NOT the place to
give birth)