From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:11:45 -0700
A lot of Lactnetters sent Angie Sohler encouraging private emails.
She gave permission for me to post an update on how her little Jade
is doing now.
Judy Ritchie

We got our miracle!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to update everyone about Jade...

Jade had a repeat MRI last week.  The first one was pretty scary.  They saw
immature white matter of her brain (that is the myelin that surrounds our
nerves).  It could have indicated a fatal metabolic disorder.  In fact, for
3 months we have been told that she likely had some type of metabolic
disorder (fatal).  All of the metabolic tests have thus far been NORMAL!!!
And now the results from her repeat MRI:  Completely NORMAL for her
age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The white matter has "matured" and the
fluid filled sac in her spinal cord is no longer visible on MRI...  Yea!!!!

God is so great!!!  We got our miracle... with much thanks to those of you
who prayed and prayed for her.  Please continue to keep Jade in your
prayers.  She has stopped eating at all by mouth and relies completely on
her g-tube.  I pump 8 or 9 times/day and give her only breastmilk.  She has
severe reflux and we are working on getting that under control.  But despite
all of these issues, it is still an absolute miracle that Jade's brain is
normal and we feel like we at least will get to watch her grow up.  She
continues to work to meet her milestones.  She is delayed, but only her
upper body motor skills.  Cognitively she is on track.

God bless you all for your wonderful support and prayers.  Please, remember
Jade when you pray.
My thanks and love,

Angie
My best regards,