Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:33:55 -0400
Terriann posted some text from the Ross booklet.  For fun, I paraphrased
them as closely as I could as a sales brochure for Rolls Royce, aimed at
wealthy customers:

Page 2: "Perhaps you have heard that owning and maintaining a Rolls is
difficult or impossible.  Although many people believe this, it is not true
in most instances"

Page 3: "Deciding to Buy: Like most well-to-do drivers, you would like to
own a Rolls because you are aware of its special qualities.  However, you
may wonder whether you can maintain it - or whether you will be rich enough
to support such an expensive vehicle.  These common concerns about luxury
cars are often shared by friends, family, and even some mechanics.  The
results of some recent studies may reassure you...."

Page 4 "You may be wondering how much time and money maintaining a Rolls
will take and whether another make would be more convenient when you have so
many other responsibilities and expenses."

In contrast, I happened to run across an actual Jaguar ad a little later.
Big picture of the car, some small print giving the details, and in big
letters across the ad:  "Yes you can!"

Now *that's* a company that's actually trying to sell a product.
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com