From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 20:41:38 -0600
And yet another one from Cathy Liles --

Neat mom story

I got an interesting call today from an occupational therapist with
our local early childhood intervention program. She had visited a
mother who is now at home with a baby born at 26 weeks, she didn't
share the current age of the baby, just a new consult for her, so she
must have come home recently.  Anyway, the mother had pumped a little
at the insistence of the Neonatologist and had no plans to breastfeed,
baby is bottle feeding well, but has discovered that baby just loves
to latch on and suck at the breast, mom is not really interested in
breaastfeeding, but was enjoying the time with baby at breast, the OT
suggested an SNS and referred her to me, she also reassured her that
just letting baby pacify at breast was wonderful. The mom hasn't
called me and due to confidentiality issues, the OT cannot share her
name or other details with me for me to call, but I thought this was a
neat story about a mother trustung her baby's cues and her instincts
enough to have this wonderful experience. Just thought you'd enjoy
hearing this story.  Cathy