Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:48:04 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2003 4:23:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> One of them is an article about missing B1 in Israeli
> formula created by Germany (gee, think it could have been done on purpose?
> After all, the Germans were only trying to annihilate us 60 years ago! ).

I am truly offended by these comments, as they are very inflammatory.  Please
keep in mind that Lactnet is truly an international email list.  Someone from
Germany may be reading these rather hurtful words.  I'm in no way trying to
negate the horrible things that happened in the past, but it is inappropriate
on this list.  I'm an American of German descent.  My grandmother who came from
Germany was the kindest most thoughtful woman.  She lovingly raised her
children at her breast (having breastfed them each for over 3 years) and to think
the statements were directed toward an entire country somehow just doesn't sit
well with me.
Perhaps I should have just deleted it as I was offended by the title as well.
 I understand that to Jews the word gentile means those not of Jewish
descent, but to others it means something entirely different.  I realize the heading
may not have meant to be offensive.  It did, however, settle that way with me.
 If I had wrote a letter addressed  "attention all Christian LCs and you Jews
too" wouldn't that leave a bitter taste?  It did with me as I believe it may
have with others as well.
I guess this is my rather long way of saying, please be careful of the words
we use on this list.  Words written in all innocence can still inflict pain.
With respect, Sue, IBCLC