From:
Pat Bucknell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:46:00 -0400
I had a mom ask me a question today that I couldn't answer.  She said
that her herb garden is producing lots of basil now, so they made pesto.
Her 4 mo thriving little guy spit up after she had a meal of wonderful
pesto and pasta.  So she looked up basil on the internet wondering if
that might be the reason.  She said everything she read said lactating
women shouldn't use basil, but didn't give a reason why.  Should there be
a concern?

Thanks for any information you might have.

Warmly,
Pat Bucknell IBCLC
private practice
Avon Lake OH