Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:14:02 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I agree that starting a tad bit of solids earlier rather than later, seems a small risk, compared to diabetes 1.  You have to consider the father's concern and wishes.  He knows what it is like to have diabetes.
I'd lean more towards 5 mo so baby is possibly readier.  In my sample of one grandson, who was really ready for solids at 5 mo and expressed himself very visably, I can tell you mom's supply didn't drop.  How many 5 mo olds sitting on mom's lap at dinner aren't grabbing things on the plate?  Another whole subject - I think mom's lap and mom's plate or bowl are a lot more normal than sitting in a high chair and getting fed.  I see more and more moms in my LLL group going this fashion vs high chair and pureed stuff.

Found a 1946 article that shows a mom with a nipple shield!!!  Made of glass.  Looks exactly like plastic ones we use today.  Article said they were worn by Victorian moms !!! to protect their clothes.  Said they need to be worn the last 3 mo of pregnancy to correct inverted nipples.  And I thought they were a brand new 20th century invention!  I do get bogged down in paper and then find an interesting tidbit like this!  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2