Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:59:43 EDT
The mom who had all those childbirth meds that I posted about last month came
over last night. She has just finished a course of Reglan and  Fenugreek, and
has been pumping 6 times/day to try to stimulate milk production. This week
she is finally feeling her breasts get heavy and lighten with feedings. She
has been supplementing with an eyedropper at the breast about 1 oz of ABM at
each feeding but has decreased that to 1/2 oz this week. And at a month the
baby has gained a little over 2 lbs. So the milk production is picking up.
The baby is adorable. She firmly believes that the meds slowed her milk
production.  But is improving now.
It has been a great day for Breastfeeding. This AM I got a big kiss from a
Dad ( on top of my head!) for helping his son get started Bfing. Then another
Dad told me I had the most wonderful job in the world! And this afternoon
another Dad told me that I had a gorgeous smile and must really love my
work!! This made my  2 hr commute worth it!

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC
Ayden NC