From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:31:07 -0600
Lynn,

Sorry, I'm late on reading this post.  According to our WIC breastfeeding
counselor in Will County, IL (next to Cook County) the state's budget was
not approved yet so they haven't received their funding for the pump program
for 2005.  They still have hospital grade electric pumps out on loan so I am
sometimes able to get one for a mom who is truly in need and I provide her
with the kit in the hospital.  Since they have run out of manual and battery
operated pumps, any mom who is having difficulty before discharge is
provided with a manual pump and instructions on hand expression in the
hospital.  The majority of our moms are low income and on WIC and Medicaid
so the hospital does receive some reimbursement for the equipment.
Hopefully by the time your friend needs a pump this issue will be resolved.

Linda Anderegg, RNC, IBCLC, RLC in Chicago