Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 08:42:33 -0600
I recommend a good therapeutic massage.

There is a band of muscles (the name of which I can't recall) across the
back that is directly connected to the breast/nipples and tension in these
muscles can create pain in the breast and/or nipples.

I have recommended this treatment for several clients who present with
breast or nipple pain that is unexplainable. The outcome has been positive.
If it doesn't resolve the problem it was still a nice gift to their bodies.

I always caution anyone getting such treatments to ask for a pillow for her
abdomen so that her lactating breasts aren't smashed into the table.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee Wisconsin

mailto:[log in to unmask]