From:
Yvonne Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 23:44:11 EST
Greetings Dear Lactnetters;
    Having been lurking for over 18 mos., I have now mustered the courage to
post to the list. I am a recent IBCLC (last July) and work as a hospital
based LC in Grand Junction,CO.,USA. I am truly grateful for the expertise and
the spirit in which it is shared on this list and I want to extend my sincere
thank you to all of you.
    I have permission from a mother who is requesting my assistance to post
to this list for help. Her baby girl is 7 months old, weighed 7# 4oz. at
birth, weighed 15# 5oz in Dec.2000 and lost a pound since December. Infant
was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection 3 weeks ago and was treated,
which is how Mom discovered she had lost weight. Infant nurses what Mom
describes as "a good feeding" about 4x/24 hours and maybe another 1 or 2
times has " a little feeding". Mom does not feel there is a problem with her
supply, hears lots of swallowing at the breast. Infant is very disinterested
in solid foods, will eat an occasional cracker, a few spoonfulls of mashed
fruit or vegetables but mostly refuses to be fed. Infant's doc suggested she
call me and I am grateful for the referral but must admit, I am not sure
where to start. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
Yvonne Finch, RN, IBCLC