From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 20:54:38 -0400
The low gaining baby had no phototherapy. Freq of nursing 8x/24 hours. no
test weighing done. I have to send to doctor's office, as I don't have a
scale yet. Any recommendations for types of scales that are good and
reasonable I would appreciate by email  Reg bf stools, acc to mom. NO green.
Pediat. saw baby at 10 days, after baby cried for 7 hours straight and
parents became concerned.

>Kathleen-Had the baby had phototherapy during the hospital stay?
>What was mom's frequency of nursing during this 13 days? I assume that there
>was never any test weighing done?
>Phototherapy will induce more frequent stooling.  The frequency of voids is
>puzzling-are we sure that mom was able to accurately assess?  What was the
>character of the stools? A baby with high bili will be passing green stools,
>(but not to be confused with meconium).
>When was baby discharged from hospital-did Ped see after that, or was he
>waiting til 2 weeks, or what? Was baby observed to nurse well in hospital?
>Lots of questions, I know, but important ones!
>
>Denise Mollenkopf, RNC, IBCLC

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer..