Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:10:57 -0400
Please tell your friend good luck on her search. The hospital and MDs nearest to her home are the ones that often tell moms, that ABM is just as good as bfing, water in needed by newborns, babies can't nurse after they get teeth, and many other old wives tales. My daughter lives about 15 miles from Elizabeth City so if your friend would like to find a friend that breastfeeds, and practices attachment parenting, maybe they can meet at the park and compare experiences. She can privately email me for my daughter's contact information. I am about 2 hours away but can combine a consult visit with a visit to my daughter. My daughter has not found a pediatrician or OB in the area that she can relate to, and would support her beliefs. Very difficult to be a good parent when the health care professionals are badgering you, threatening you, and making fun of you.

Barbara Whitehead
eastern NC