From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:52:17 EST
my oldest son asks me every day, what's new on lactnet. so when i told him
about COLiC, he was thrilled, and wants to be a member. then there should also
be SPOLCs, that is, spouses of LCs, because they occupy a special category.
someone i rarely talk with called, and i mentioned my newly minted IBCLC
status, and he was very thrilled. his ex-wife is a childbirth educator and
knows a lot about lactation, and according to him, his level of knowledge
about breastfeeding is high. in fact, he claimed he knew more about
breastfeeding just from having been married to her, than 95% of the men in the
united states. i fear he is right . . . .

the COLiC children at this house were watching john glenn being sent back into
space. my daughter decided that nursing was an appropriate activity to
accompany the lift-off, and i jokingly asked her when she would quit. she
thought very seriously for a moment and said "when i am twenty" (that would
certainly make the teenage years nice, eh?).  her older brother (9) said,
well, *i* quit when i was four (she is five). then he asked when the oldest
brother weaned, and i told him "almost three." after a moment of shocked
silence, my 9 year old son Leo said, with great seriousness, "well, that's TOO
early."

ain't they smart.

carol brussel IBCLC
dreading the snow