From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:08:39 -0400
If this has already been discussed here, my apologies. I just came across a study suggesting that use of soy formula leads to early menarche in girls. Not being a chemist or biologist, it makes some sense to me that the estrogen in soy might affect girls development. This was a preliminary study, of course more research is needed, but still, another reason to promote breastfeeding, in case we needed one.

Naomi

Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, 02/12

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.
Executive Director
Mothers' Milk Bank of New England

617-527-6263
www.milkbankne.org
The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing it.  Thank you.