From:
"Lisa A. Marasco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:57:37 -0800
Hi, all---
I'm Lisa Marasco, and I've been IBCLC for almost two years now. I was
originally an accountant, but after the birth of my first child twelve
years ago, I fell in love with breastfeeding. I have been an LLL Leader
for almost 10 years, and have had the privilege of being surrounded by
some very skillful and nurturing LC's. I am currently in the latter
stages of my Master's degree in Human Development w/specialization in
Lactation, and consult part-time (that's all you can do when you're in
school and have four elementary school children!) along with running my
pump depot and handling LLL business. I also teach prenatal classes at a
local hospital and work informally out of a local pediatrician's office.
I don't know about you, but I love the challenge of breastfeeding
difficulties. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to network and
combine our knowledge for the edification of all; if the Kathleens hadn't
started this, I was looking into doing so! So, thank you, Kathleens!

I should also mention that I am just starting my thesis and want to
explore induced/relactation. I find it interesting that we have all heard
informal anthropological anecdotes of mothers putting babies to breast
and bringing in full milk supplies (seemingly without questioning their
ability to do so), and yet all of our literature cautions us and mothers
against expecting much outside of an emotional experience at all. So, if
you have any leads for me on the anthropological references, or would be
willing to share some of your successes (and maybe failures, too) and
strategies, I would love to hear from you. I plan on sharing the results
with all who contribute as a thank you for their time and effort.

-Lisa

Lisa A. Marasco, IBCLC
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant