From:
Cassidy Hotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:30:48 -0800
My understanding is that the bottle itself can be a risk factor for ear
infections. The changes in bodily position, oral/maxilofacial position, and the
fast flow can all cause pressure and fluid within the inner ear. Perhaps paced
bottlefeeding can overcome some of these issues, but it still seems like the
bottle itself could be a contributing factor...

I'd love to hear more thoughts/references on this topic - bottlefeeding ebm
seems to be increasing infrequency and it would be nice to have more info to
share.
Cassidy Hotz, IBCLC, LLL
Edmond, OK