Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:03:07 -0500
>I must say, contrary to Dr. Tom's opinion, that Phenazopyridine is very
>helpful as a utinary analgesic, and helped me a lot for the first few days.
>
>Mira Leibovich, MD
>mailto:[log in to unmask]

well this just gave me enough confidence to post my own response.

I have had many (>10 , none recently fortunately), and now have an
emergency supply of pyridium at the office and at home. It has always
been very useful in stopping the horrible urgency that one gets with
cystitis usually within one half to one hour. After 12 to 24 hours the
antibiotics usually kicked in and I wouldn't need the pyridium.

Without the pyridium it was almost impossible to work. (See one patient,
go to the washroom and repeat this scenario for the whole day!)

Karen

       Doug Rogers & Karen Cunningham <http://www.golden.net/~samu>
 You wanted my reply? What was the question? I was looking at the big sky!