From:
Sandy Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:05:16 -0500
This was great, I had to share!  Yesterday, I was working with a WIC mom who
had called about renting a breastpump.  Her 3rd child is almost 3 mos old now
& has been projectile vomitting every ABM given.  She did not BF any of her
kids so much as one drop, and previously thought BF was kind of gross.  While
discussing the problem with her Ped, SHE said she was still leaking some milk
& could she maybe BF???  He said of course, but since the baby was used to
the bottle, she should just pump & offer the baby the expressed milk in
bottle--to avoid "Nipple Confusion"!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Arnold BS, IBCLC
who can't wait to go to work tomorrow to call the mom & see how things are
going ;-)