From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:52:17 PDT
Denise
This may sound far-fetched, but the description of this baby leads me to
"diagnose" OVERSUPPLY/OVERACTIVE MER as the original problem. Maybe the baby
limited feeds etc and supply eventually did decrease, or mom is just
assuming this had to be the problem. Not sure why the supply line would work
here, but maybe it somehow reduced the forcefulness of the MER or made the
milk flow more steady-state.  I see that now that "supply does not seem to
be a problem now" we have symptoms again including worse in a.m., not
wanting to lie down to nurse, possetting. Could she be managed as
oversupply/overactive mer? The baby may have some degree of reflux as well.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, s.e. USA