Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:36:30 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Hello , My name is Annette Leary , I am a lactation consultant for a local hospital in Massachusetts.  I am also the co-president of BACE (Boston Association of Childbirth Education) on the NMC (Nursing Mothers Council).  We are a non profit organization who conducts training series for lay and professionals who want to help counsel women on breastfeeding and hold an Adv. series to help prepare for IBLCE.  We have been trying to design our own photo book for these training seminars and the training committee has been busy taking many pictures of cooperative mother/baby couplets.  I have a situation that I would appreciate input on.  I turned my film into a local big chain pharmacy for development and requested they put them on floppy disk. When I picked up my photos ,there was a very disturbing letter which stated "due to the obscene nature of my photos it was against the law to place these on disk"  they also did not print the photos of just the breasts; they did print the pictures of the baby latched.  The photos are sent to an outside lab, I telephoned them and stated the purpose of these photos and said to please review the negatives, there were prints of dirty diapers, and the photos of the breast had the woman's face covered.  I also compared these to birth pictures.  The technician agreed these were pictures of "nature" and would agree to transfer to floppy.  One week later , again I go to pick these up after addressing the envelope to a specified person, I again received a note stating I had already been told "NO NUDITY" and underlined.  I spoke with the supervisor of the lab and told him a colleague of mine had her pictures of similar nature developed at the same place and her photos were transferred to floppy.  He said that was an error and it was against the law.  HELP!  how do other's do this without the expense of a digital camera?  I feel so frustrated and angry to have them place judgment on my photos as "obscene".  What would others recommend I do as a course of action?
Thank you for listening,
Annette Leary
[log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2