From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 13:31:32 -0700
I didn't see the question- but I have an almost two yo who still nurses as
needed (except I'm pregnant so that changes things for her.)  Ursula is very
strong willed and has been since birth.  She threw her first tantrum at 6 or
8 mos of age and her most recent was this morning when I wouldn't hold her
all day to talk to the goldfish.  She is well-attached, but hates the word
no.  We're working on delayed gratification and setting limits, all the
time.  (Like no nipple twiddling, taking coats off when we get home...)
Tantrums are not uncommon- but overall she's a very happy girl.

(but is not too thrilled about the baby due in 20 weeks.)
Kate

Yet the culture brushes off the sadness of the woman who is disappointed
when breastfeeding fails with an, Oh Well.  I say, let 'em talk, let 'em
cry.  Validate their feelings of loss.  It IS a loss.   Part of why they are
often so confused is no one else acts like it makes any sense for them to be
sad.- Barbara Wilson-Clay, BS, IBCLC

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/Home.html (my home page)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~grunwald/House.html   Buy our House!