Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:41:55 +0100
>If you would like to send your concerns to Reader Digests Editor, the
>address is, www.readersdigest.com/rdmagazine/laughline/LetterEditor.htm
>There is a 200 character limit.
>--
>
>Denny Rice, RN, IBCLC
>Dallas Texas USA

Among UK journalists (like me) writing for Readers Digest is held to be
worth it, as they pay big bucks compared to UK publications,  but alongside
this is an inevitably  tedious dialogue with RD's fact checkers who want
you to cite chapter and verse for everything you have in your piece.

A colleague who wrote about refugees fleeing from Kosovo almost chewed the
phone cable  in frustration as an RD fact checker wanted him to show
documentation for names *and current addresses* of the refugees he had
interviewed.

It ought to surprise me that they can be so picky about this, but let such
transparently anecdotal factoids about bf through....

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK