Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:30:42 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
I certainly agree that it may be a case of l
Colic and Mucus in Stools

I certainly agree that it may be a case of lactose overload. Please see link below:
http://www.health-e-learning.com/articles/Lactose.pdf

As an LC, I would also request the mother to write a food log, documenting what she eats daily including the ingredients on the labels of all processed foods and the cooked dishes. From the log, we can identify what other foodstuff might be causing the situation. If you can send the food log through email, I would gladly assist you.

I have experienced this kind of reactions when I managed a crisis center for severely malnourished and battered children where I mobilized 21 wetnurses to breastfeed the 7 infants in the center on shifts. 

The infants were very sensitive to what the mothers eat, but the crying spells abated when I took over what they cook in the kitchen. I have to inform you though that I am a vegetarian for 18 years now and so is the owner of the crisis center so we served vegan meals free from animals and animal-by-products.

Many times, I have seen mothers who are but reflections of what is happening to their children. I usually investigate the health condition of the mother and explain to her that if she change her diet she is doing herself a favor and not just because her diet affects breastfeeding.

The Breastfeeding Clinic:Your Partner from Pregnancy to Parenting
A joint Project of Children for Breastfeeding, Inc. and Nurturers of the Earth Philippines
(Managed by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants)
Nona D. Andaya-Castillo, IBCLC
Elvira L. Henares-Esguerra, MD, FPDS, RPh, IBCLC
A joint project of Children for Breastfeeding, Inc. and Nurturers of the Earth
PLDT Wireless Landline: (632) 701-4414         Mobile: 63-919-839-5555
www.breastfeedingphilippines.com

How do you prepare for your first job interview?Discover the different ways in Yahoo! Answers. http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2