From:
Traci Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:39:02 -0700
Hello all!
Thank you to all those that replied to my query. I did
a follow up with mom 24 hours after my consult. She
was still experienceing pain, but said it was more
bearable. I suggested the antibiotic ointment, but she
seemed very hesitant to try it. I explained the
infection-pain connection, and she said she see what
her doc said about it.

I called her again, several days later, and she told
me she chose not to use the antibiotic ointment
because she and her husband chose a more natural
approach. She opted to use the Medela nipple shield
and said the pain has subsided greatly and her nipples
are healing.

Again, Thanks for the input. This has been an
educational experience for me.

Traci Mills
MotherNurture Lactation & Doula Services