From:
Mary Ellen Rivero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:19:40 -0700
I'm new at Lactnet, so bear with me if I resurrect "old" discussions.

I work for WIC at the State level after 9 years of local WIC experience.
Three of our support staff a pregnant and we want to institute a
breastfeeding policy so that they can bring their infants under 4 months
to the office and/or pump here.

We are looking for other offices who have worked out the issues.  Our
administration is particularly interested in other Gov. settings.  I am finding
that the oldest and most successful program have admin. support, not
written policies, but we have to work in our own system.

I feel that WIC should be in forefront in supporting Breastfeeding in the
workplace.

Secondly, what is your opinion of the book  "..So That's What They're
For"?   I bought one for my daughter-in-law because it looked so user
friendly and I scanned the nutrition sections (my expertise) which looked
quite accurate.