From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:20:43 +0100
>These early solids should not be for nutrition, just socializing and
>exploring.

Thanks to hand-me-downs, we had a trayless high chair, which meant the baby
sat right at the table with us, from sitting-up age on.  I remember well
the beaming, *enormously* proud expression of our first, the first time he
was pushed up to join the two of us.  He looked as if he felt he'd just
been appointed CEO.

(We tied the chair to the table;  otherwise, the baby could have pushed on
the table edge and sent himself over backwards.)

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  USA