From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:25:59 -0500
Roni and Friends,

Lamaze International is most certainly "addressing the epidural epidemic!" See information about their new Institute for Normal Birth at http://normalbirth.lamaze.org/institute/about/theinstitute.asp

The last few conferences have been full of educators who are very frustrated by the epidural rates at their own hospitals, and I think the head honchos at Lamaze are working really hard to change things. (You'd think they'd call themselves Lamnetters -a la Lactnetters - with the amount of talk and work going on.) I honor them for taking all the formula advertising out of their educational materials and I for one am willing to work at the epidural epidemic - I just signed on to be Vermont coordinator. Contact them and you can sign on for some work too!

Dawn Kersula RN, FACCE, IBCLC

in Brattleboro Vermont

...swimming upstream as usual