Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:03:25 EDT
Francine,

You wrote:

<< I need to find anything on blood sugar levels for IDMs (Infants of
Diabetic Moms)
immediately post-partum.>>

While I do at times search Medline by subject, I'll usually start my search
for a reference by reading through my texts and checking the pertinent
references in the bibliography. Then I look those references up on Medline
either on PubMed or Internet Grateful Med. Grateful Med is great if you have
an older reference and/or the author's last name and one initial. In this
case, I looked in both the 5th edition of Lawrence and the 2nd edition of the
BAB. I found this reference under the section on neonatal hypoglycemia in the
BAB:

Heck, L J and A Erenberg. Serum glucose levels in term neonates during the
first 48 hours of life. J Pediatr 1987 110(1):119-22

Clicking on Related Articles in PubMed gave me this reference:

Tanzer F et al. Blood glucose levels and hypoglycemia in full term neonates
during the first 48 hours of life.  J Trop Pediatr  1997 43(1):58-60

Even though the abstract of the Tanzer article mentions that infants of
diabetic moms were excluded from this study, you may find a lead on a good
reference for the serum glucose levels in infants of diabetic mothers in the
full text article.

Hope this helps a little!

Warmly,
Carol Kelley  LLLL
Taylors SC USA in the Blue Ridge foothills
mailto:[log in to unmask]