From:
Christine Betzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:55:40 EST
I have a 9 day old infant that still refuses the breast.  ( although he has
agreed to use the nipple shield)  He was in the NICU for MEC aspiration
fullterm post  induction at 41 weeks.  After  24 hours they fed him for the
first time with a bottle with 15 cc.  He "couldn't"  go to the breast because
they needed to "measure" his intake.  I have searched the lacnet archives to
no avail.  I have all of Paula Miers research from her  preterm book.  There
is only one reference to dry breastfeeding.  Are there any more?    I will
write a letter and supply the references to the neonatologists and the head
nurse of the NICU.  The clients  MD  has also agreed to sign it.  Thanks for
your help.   Chris Betzold NP CLE