Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:20:25 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2007 8:36:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

What I  talked about originally was meeting the mother where she is and
supporting her  decisions: whatever they are.>>>

Some passionate Bf advocates, like many LCs, may be more likely to  "meet the
mother where she is" and then instead of promptly and actively  supporting a
formula feeding decision, the LC may use experience and  intuition to figure
out the most effective ways to build a rapport with the  mother, regardless of
her "caliber", to then utilize that rapport to support  additional mothering
activities, while finding opportune moments to,  appropriate to the mother's
physical and emotional state, educate the  mother about lactation and encourage
breastfeeding and/or providing  breastmilk.

No matter the social-economic status of new moms, it is amazing what a
little rapport building, education, and ongoing support can accomplish in  regards
to breastfeeding.

Why does  that happen with particular threads? Why the  tangents?>>>>

maybe because we all have our own opinions.

Best Regards,

Debbie  Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE

Fairfax County,  Virginia suburbs outside the Washington DC  beltway
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.